- AAA: Omaha 2, New Orleans 3
- AA: Jacksonville 1, Mobile 2
- A+: Lakeland 5, Jupiter 1
- A:Rome 6, Greensboro 2
WHO CAME THROUGH
- RHP Cody Poteet continued his strong run that began in the middle of May. The young pitcher, drafted in the fourth round last year, pitched 6 innings and gave up 1 earned run and 3 hits for Single-A Greensboro, striking out 7. Poteet has now given up just 2 runs in his past 26.1 innings going back to May 17. That’s a strong showing for the righty, who is one of the Marlins’ better young pitchers.
- 2B/SS Justin Twine went 0 for 3 with 2 strikeouts for Greensboro on Friday night. The strikeout is a common problem for Twine, who has whiffed in 35 of his 108 PAs this season. Twine has struggled to put together any kind of consistent streak, as the 20-year-old infielder has struck out in all but one of his past 16 games, but hit safely in only 8 of them.
- C/1B Tomas Telis had hit a bit of a rough spot, going just 3 for his last 26. However, the minor league veteran only struck out 4 times over that span, so he was bound to start getting some hits soon, and indeed he did. Telis went 2 for 4 last night, collecting his first multi hit game since May 28.
- It was a good day for Marlin minor league pitchers across all levels, including LHP Michael Mader. Mader bounced back from a rough prior start to go 5 innings with no unearned runs while only giving up two hits and no walks, arguably the best game for the top lefty all season.