- AAA: Omaha 4, New Orleans 7
- AA: Jacksonville 2, Mobile 10
- A+: Daytona 2, Jupiter 1
- A: Rome 0, Greensboro 7
WHO CAME THROUGH
- RHP Chris Paddack has pitched solidly since making his season debut for Greensboro on May 25, giving up just 3 runs in 13.1 innings, but he took it to another level on Sunday. The former 8th rounder didn’t give up a hit in 5 innings, walking just one and striking out an astounding 11 batters before being pulled due to pitch count limits.
- SS Anfernee Seymour has been great this month, hitting .395 in 38 June at bats coming into Sunday’s game. However, Seymour has shown himself to be susceptible to the strikeout, as he whiffed in 21% of his plate appearances in May. He reverted to that old form on Sunday, going hitless in 4 at bats while striking out twice.
- C/1B Tomas Telis bounced back from an 0 for 4 game on Saturday by collecting 2 hits-both singles-on Sunday. Primarily a catcher, Telis has been worked in at first base this month primarily. It’s difficult to get fielding statistics for minor leaguers, but Telis hasn’t made any errors at first base yet.
- RHP Jose Urena, in his second start back from the big club, turned in a solid if unspectacular game for AAA New Orleans last night, going 5 innings while giving up 5 hits and 3 runs. Encouragingly, Urena didn’t walk a single batter, as the free pass has at times been his downfall.