- AAA: Oklahoma City 5, New Orleans 2
- AA: Biloxi 2, Jacksonville 1
- High-A: No game
- A: Greensboro 8, Rome 2
- Low-A: Batavia 2, West Virginia 12
WHO CAME THROUGH
- We wrote yesterday that 1B Josh Naylor had been slumping since early May, but he had at least collected a hit in Saturday’s game. He really turned it on in Sunday’s game against Rome, as he joined the hit parade with three knocks. It was Naylor’s first three-hit game since May 9.
- SS Anfernee Seymour also picked up three hits in last night’s Greensboro game. After a miserable month of April, the Bahamian shortstop is now hitting .339 since the beginning of May.
- RHP Jose Diaz struggled in his first start out for Batavia, allowing 7 runs in 1.2 innings. Diaz made it to as high as Jupiter last season, but spent most of the summer with the GCL Marlins, where he put up a 4.06 ERA.
- LHP Chris Reed had put up some great games recently, pitching 32 innings in his last five starts while only giving up 3 runs. Reed exceeded that total last night, however, in just 5 innings, giving up 4.
- C/1B Tomas Telis was penciled in at first base last night, and collected a hit for AAA New Orleans in the team’s loss to Oklahoma City.